Spring is definitely full of color this year. Pastels and Neons adorn the vitrines of the trendy boutiques and make me want to shop till I drop…..
I almost feel overdosed on color or/and its absence (pastels). Few days ago, I went to the local market to buy some fresh berries and honey and I got inspired by the red-hot juicy strawberries.
Strawberries make me want to wear bright red outfits, eat healthy fruit salads, drink delicious strawberry shakes and forget for a while about neon green, orange and hot pink …
Today’s post is all about strawberries, enjoy my recent picks and recipes:
Strawberry and Feta Salad
• 1 cup slivered almonds
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 teaspoon honey
• 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
• 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• 1 cup vegetable oil
• 1 head romaine lettuce, torn
• 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
• 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook the almonds, stirring frequently, until lightly toasted. Remove from heat, and set aside.
In a bowl, prepare the dressing by whisking together the garlic, honey, Dijon mustard, raspberry vinegar, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, and vegetable oil.
In a large bowl, toss together the toasted almonds, romaine lettuce, strawberries, and feta cheese. Cover with the dressing mixture, and toss to serve.
Chicken and Strawberry Salad
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• 1 tablespoon water
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
• 4 cups arugula
• 2 cups quartered strawberries
• 1/3 cup vertically sliced red onion
• 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast, sliced
• 2 tablespoons unsalted cashews, halved
• 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
To prepare dressing, combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Gradually drizzle in oil, stirring constantly with a whisk.
To prepare salad, combine romaine and next 4 ingredients (through chicken) in a bowl; toss gently. Place about 2 cups chicken mixture on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with 1 1/2 teaspoons cashews and 2 tablespoons cheese. Drizzle about 4 teaspoons dressing over each serving.
Strawberry and Cream Cheese Sandwich
• 1 tablespoon(s) reduced-fat cream cheese
• 1/4 teaspoon(s) honey
• 1/8 teaspoon(s) freshly grated orange zest
• 2 slice(s) very thin whole-wheat sandwich bread
• 2 medium strawberries sliced
Combine cream cheese, honey and orange zest in a bowl. Spread bread with the cheese mixture. Place sliced strawberries on 1 piece of bread, top with the other.
Like, Follow and Subscribe me : )
FaceBook : http://www.facebook.com/MiuKoridi
Twitter : http://twitter.com/MiuKoridi
YouTube : http://www.youtube.com/MiuKoridi